Hunza is situated at a separation of 100 kilometers from Gilgit. In the mid-1890s, the British set out upon a mission to attach Hunza and Nagar, which is otherwise, called the Hunza-Nagar Campaign.
English fighters driven by Colonel Durand possessed Nilt Fort in 1890. From that point forward, they continued to the Baltit Fort, however, confronted substantial opposition.
The British increased finish control of Hunza and Nagar with little exertion. From that point, the Mir of Hunza, Safdar Ali Khan alongside his family, fled to Kashgar in China, and his sibling Mir Muhammad Nazim Khan was made the new leader of Hunza by the British.
Hunza Valley is a hilly valley situated in Gilgit, which is a zone under the administration of Pakistan. The primary town of Hunza, Karimabad (once in the past known as Baltit) is the capital and also most prominent traveller goal of Hunza. As celebrated as the valley is for its magnificence, the general population of Hunza are additionally notable for their kind disposition and cordiality. Hunza visitor season is by and large from May to October, in light of the fact that in winter the Karakoram Highway Is frequently hindered by the snow. In contrast to most places in Pakistan,Hunza valley has a high proficiency rate of over 90%!
List of Top 10 Places in Hunza Valley you must visit
- Rakaposhi Peak
- Altit fort
- Baltit Fort
- Attabad Lake
- Rush Lake
- Sost Border
- Borith Lake
- Eagle Nest Duikar
Above all else is the perspective of Rakaposhi.The enormous heap of Rakaposhi can be seen for anyplace, regardless of what part of Hunza you are remaining. Besides, the mountain is a piece of Karakoram Mountain Range and is 7,788 meters high. Rakaposhi implies the “Sparkling divider”.
The pinnacle is encompassed by a portion of the renowned ice sheets like:
The first light and sunset on Rakaposhi are only a surprising perspective.
Second on the rundown is the Karimabad, the capital of Hunza. The town is acclaimed for its history as it houses the formers of Royal family.The town gives the most antiquated look as a result of its stones made houses and roads.Besides, a portion of the renowned milestones in Karimabad are:
- Baltit Fort
- Ruler Victoria Monument
- Channel Walk
- Moreover, the icy masses of Ulter Nala additionally falls in Karimabad
Altit Fort is an antiquated fortress above Karimabad in the Hunza valley. It was home to the inherited leaders of the Hunza state who took the title Mir. Altit Fort was the habitation of the previous sovereign around 1100 years of age. Presently filling in as an exhibition hall over yonder. Both the stronghold are an artful culmination of designer and art. The radiant plan was redesigned by Agha Khan Culture Trust, a safeguarded legacy for future age. Altit stronghold isn’t just about a place it’s about the legacy which is as yet developing with the progression of time.
A standout amongst the most astonishing to put in Hunza valley is Attabad Lake. The gem turquoise water makes anybody enchanted inside the colossal piles of Karakoram. The hues and the appeal of the spring season are remarkable that draws in numerous visitors every year there. Likewise, the length of the lake is 13 miles and profundity of the lake is right around 358 feet. The lake additionally positioned in the best pools of Pakistan as a result of its gigantic excellence.
Another stunning in the Nagar Valley of Hunza is Rush Lake. Besides, Nagar is a standout amongst the most alluring valleys. Most importantly, hypnotizing shades of Nagar valley will never be discovered any every, nothing is wonderful then effortlessness. Discussing the Rush Lake in Nagar valley is a snow-capped lake which is nearly at the surface rise of 4,694 meters. The huge mountains encompass the lake and it is viewed as the most astounding pool of Pakistan.
Sost being the last town of a Hunza on Karakoram Highway beside Chinese fringe.A town is a critical place on the interstate for all traveller and load transport since all movement crossing the Pakistan-China fringe goes through this town. Alongside Khunjerab Pass is the high mountain go in Karakorum mountain go.Furthermore, Khunjerab passes additionally have a national stop that occupant with the uncommon types of snow panther.It is a great image of Pak China friendship.
In the middle of the Gojal valley of upper Hunza,the nine shaded valley Gulmit gives a noteworthy place of interest in Hunza.Here You can locate the huge shades of nature. The all-encompassing perspectives of the entire valley alongside the Passu Cones are so enthralling. Also, Gulmit Gives an entire bundle to its traveler in the state of high pinnacles and mountain, landmarks alongside the lovely atmosphere. Most importantly, the most visited valley is an entryway to five diverse valley that are:
- Shimshal Valley
- Chipursan Valley
- Misgar Valley
- Boibar Valley
Falcon Nest Duikar
The most experience to have while remaining in Hunza is to observe the daybreak and sunset on the marvellous pinnacles of Lady Finger and Rakaposhi from the acclaimed bird settle in Dukair. Dukair is a little town and regularly referred to by Eagle Nest as the lodging is arranged there and offers the all encompassing perspectives of entire Hunza.
Baltit Fort or Balti Fort is an antiquated fortress in the Hunza valley and has been on the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative rundown. The fortification goes back to 700 years prior and has been reconstructed and adjusted throughout the hundreds of years. It is situated at a stature, and one should either walk or take a jeep to reach. From the porch of the Baltit Fort you additionally have a stunning superior view on the places of the town Karimabad.
Borith Lake is a lake situated close Gulmit, Gojal, in the upper Hunza territory. The elevation of Borith is approximately 2,600 m (8,500 feet) above ocean level. The lake can be come to by means of a 2 km unpaved jeep course from Husseini town, and is likewise open by a 2-3 hour trekking course specifically from Ghuylkin, over the finish of the Ghulkin icy mass. The site is a vital asylum for moving wildfowl and is an absolute necessity visit for flying creature watchers and nature darlings. Amid the long periods of March and June one can observer the huge number of ducks touching base from the hotter parts of southern Pakistan, and from September– November, the equivalent happens backwards.
- Eatery: Hunza is extremely well known for its neighbourhood diners, which are served at the greater part of the arteries situated in the Karimabad advertise region. A portion of the names of the customary sustenances are Sharbat, diram-fete, davdo, muleda, among numerous others. These dishes are cooked with unadulterated margarine and brought down them in oil, yet are set up now and again as they are costly.
- Shopping: There are something like 50 shops, eateries and lodgings situated on Karimabad’s clamouring roads.One of the greatest fascination around there are an assortment of valuable andsemi-valuable minerals and gemstones. Numerous travellers visit the Gilgit-Baltistan zone hence.
- Lodgings: From low to the high spending plan, Hunza has them all. You can locate the best lodgings in Hunza
- Wellbeing: Hunza is exceptionally protected and the general populations are known for their neighborliness. Like all Pakistan urban areas, it is best to dress unobtrusively. Ladies must cover their shoulders and knees, and couples ought to maintain a strategic distance from open showcases of fondness.
- Cash: Pakistan Rupees, All International Credit Card (Visa; MasterCard) are acknowledged in the ATM
- Trekking: Hunza valley is well known for its trekking. The second most noteworthy pinnacle of the world, K2, is situated in the Gilgit-Baldistan area, where Hunza valley is additionally found. There are different trekking visits which visitors can benefit.
When to Go
Heading to the Hunza Valley takes nerves. The Streets are frequently snow-secured and blocked off. Among May and August is the best time to visit Gilgit-Baltistan, as the streets are clear and the climate unsurprising. Leave your over-stuffed coats at home and rather travel with a light sweater or shawal.
- Getting to Hunza: On the off chance that you are going via auto, there are two courses that prompt the Valley. One by means of Kaghan through the Babusar Pass and onto Chilas. In any case, in the event that it is experience you look for, attempt the other alternative through the Silk Road. It takes you through Dassu and Pattan in Kohistan. The motivation behind why this makes for an unsafe ride up is that its streets are critical need of fix and can regularly demonstrate tricky.Presently, procuring a visit task organization would be a shrewd decision. They can mastermind voyaging and holding up inside Rs. 20,000. Voyaging alone, with your very own auto, could cost you more.
- First Stop: Chilas: When making a pit stop at Chilas, a residential area in Kohistan, the best place to rest for the night is the Shangrila Hotel, worked along the River Indus. Local people says that if the Diamer-Bhasha Dam is developed the lodging would not have the capacity to survive the flooding.
- From Chilas to Raikot is a two-hour exceptionally uneasy drive, through streets set apart by potholes. Once at Raikot, take a privilege to Fairy Meadows and travel for an additional three hours towards Nanga Parbat’s cold scene. As you travel through the Raikot Bridge on the River Indus, you will see very close the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor. Work here is advancing at a fast rate. The new streets based on either side are bigger and more stupendous than the Lahore-Islamabad motorway. Chinese specialists in yellow caps and the staff of Pakistan’s Frontier Works Organization can be seen all over
- Off to Karimabad: When you achieve Karimabad, the capital of the Hunza Valley, pick either the Hunza Embassy inn or the Eagle’s Nest to remain. Both charge Rs.3, 000 every night.Since you are settled, plan your daily agenda. Travel to the perfect Altit Fort, home to the previous leaders of Hunza. Close-by is the Baltit Fort, viewed as 700 years of age. It looks somewhat like Tibet’s Lhasa Palace. Karimabad is a residential community spotted with handiworks shops. In any case, on the off chance that you need to absorb the country life of the Valley, travel to Gulmat, a town close to the Khunjerab passes. The town nearby is Sost. This is the last settlement inside the Pakistan fringe. From Sost to China, there are no further homes. Khunjrab Pass is at a stature of 16,000 feet. It isn’t regular to experience the ill effects of cerebral pains and queasiness while gazing down from its pinnacles.
- The Last Stop: Attabaad Lake, shaped after an avalanche in 2010, is a flashing blue waterway. In the event that you would prefer not to a cookout on its edge, employ a watercraft for a short sail. Hunza is welcoming, unwinding and nature taking care of business. As a last note, if you don’t mind get your junk after you. We should keep our condition clean.
Things to do in Hunza Valley
- Hiking and Trekking
- Mountain Biking
- Horse riding
- Eco tours
- Safari tours